02 December 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Məktəb

Cow ("inək")
You know that idiom "...till the cows come home"?  I never thought I would wonder about this, but what do you do when the cows actually do come home?  Especially if they're not your cows.

Well, today I found out: You chase them away.

After some lunch-time studying, as I was getting ready to head back to school ("məktəb") for my Final Pre-Service Training ("PST") Assessment Interview with our CED Program Manager and PC Country Director, a couple of cows wandered through our front gate and proceeded, with seemingly great purpose and determination, into the backyard, where they began to make a meal of everything (vegetarian) in sight.

With much bemusement, two of my host brothers and I trotted along after them and briefly marveled at their unexpected presence before herding them back toward the front yard and shooing out of the gate.

And away they go

No comments:

Post a Comment