29 February 2012

Scenes from Service: Winter Is Coming*

*Actually, we're hoping that the worst of winter is over (not to jinx us or anything), but that wouldn't make for a very good reference to A Game of Thrones, now would it?

"Icicle, icicle, where are you going?"
water
Getting water.
road2ccp
road2ccp2 transformer
anduwillknowus
And you will know us by the trail of...**

slipslope
Slippery slope
lakeview
Salt Lake Settlement
downroad

**Update: I should explain about this pic. Several times during heavy snows, my office was closed and/or the buses weren't running.  One such day, however, the buses were (valiantly or carelessly, I'm not sure which) running and the sun was shining brightly, so I chanced it. 

As I turned onto the last section of road heading towards my organization, I couldn't help but notice some blood in the snow.  Having seen people kill and dress animals in unconventional places before, I didn't think much of it, but a few meters down the road were more drops of blood, vividly red against the fresh snowfall from the night before.  A few steps further, a few more drops.  The clusters of droplets got closer together for a while and went right up to the gate, which was padlocked shut.   There was no work that day or the next.  By the time I returned to work, but the snow had melted away enough that there were no traces of blood.  I learned no more about this unusual sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment